This is a review of the DC Nomad Snow Pants in Brown Leather. Not actually Brown Leather – that is the colour scheme! I reviewed them on a brief early season trip to Tignes.
The DC Nomad snow pants actually come in two colour schemes as they come in Black as well. I actually loved the Brown Leather scheme and it matches well with the DC Command jacket that I have reviewed previously.
Just like with the styling of the Command jacket, the design is simplistic and elegant.
The DC Nomad pants are for a regular fitting which I found ideal. Being a snowboarder, I hate the typical tight style of ski trousers, but don’t want the typical 90’s baggy style either.
I was snowboarding in beautiful bluebird conditions so cannot say what they would be like in the extreme cold, but they kept me warm enough when at the peak of Grande Motte thanks to the the inner lining.
At times I got quite hot when the sun was beating down. This was not a problem as the zipped mesh lined air vents act as a great instant cooling system.
Another note worth mentioning is that the DC Nomad snow pants are breathable and fully waterproof with 30K DC Weather Defense SympaTex® and Welded taped seams
These ski trousers are also fully adjustable at the waist to give a great fitting.
Overall, I think the DC Nomad snow pants are stylish, technically sound and good value for money.
The nuts and bolts
- Waterproofing: 30K DC Weather Defense SympaTex® technology
- Fabric: polyester fabric on body
- Fit: regular
- Lining: taffeta and mesh lining with brushed tricot panels
- Features: articulated legs
- Seams: fully taped seams
- Welded taping
- Attachment system: jacket-to-pant attachment system
- Waist/Closure: internal waist adjusters
- Closure: YKK® Aquaguard® zips
- Pockets: zip-up hand-warmer pockets
- Zip-up back pockets
- Vents: mesh lined leg venting
- Hem/Gaiter: DWR coated boot gaiter with stretch panel
- Boot gusset with zipped closure
- Hem lift-up system
Good for: Skiing and Snowboarding
Rating: 9 out of 10
Mark is also the manager of Jamie Barrow (Britain’s fastest snowboarder)
Latest posts by Mark Barber (see all)
- December Snowboarding in Tignes with the Skadi App – 17 January, 2018
- Forcefield Mons Vest Back Protector Review – 16 January, 2018
- Helly Hansen Backbowl Cargo Pant – 15 January, 2018
- Helly Hansen Lifa Merino Seamless Base Layer Review – 14 January, 2018