DSUK want to make a million friends, and would love it if you could help us. If each our new friends donated just £1 we would make £1,000,000! Imagine the impact that could have on our work.
Statistics show us that 170,000 non-disabled people ski once a month but less than 1,000 disabled people take part. If disabled people could ski at the same rate as their non-disabled peers there would be 25,000 disabled skiers on the slopes each month.
Furthermore, a million non-disabled people ski overseas each year. If disabled people were keeping up with their non-disabled peers, their number would be about 150,000. In reality it is just a few thousand.
With our friends’ help we could provide so much more access to disabled snowsports:
- We could train more adaptive ski instructors
- We could train more volunteer helpers
- We could increase the number of our overseas trips
- We could expand our adaptive ski schools around the UK
- We could provide a strong pathway for future paralympians, provide more support to the British Disabled Ski Team to win medals at Sochi and beyond, the list goes on!
We need your help! Please become one of our friends and please help us help to spread the word.
We have set up a dedicated JustGiving campaign page for people to easily donate online: http://www.justgiving.com/dsukfriends
You can also easily donate by text!
Text 70070 – code DSUK60 and the amount you wish to donate
Please note: a minimum of £2 donation is required if donating online, however £1 can be donated via text and will still show on the just giving site.
We would love your help in spreading the word, and increasing access to the sport we all love so much.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Latest posts by Robert Stewart (see all)
- Win Maier Sports Jacket and Pants – 24 May, 2020
- What Is Glacier Skiing? – 12 May, 2020
- Ski Editor Rob Stewart Gets To Check Out This Winter Boot From Keen – 20 March, 2020
- Cool Bus Airport Transfers Pledge Carbon Net Zero by 2025 – 7 January, 2020