The DC Platoon SPT Bib snow pants are a hard wearing, practical and stylish addition to the SPT collection.
I was lucky enough to be given a pair of the DC Platoon SPT snow pants to review during the Spring Break snowboard test week in Kaunertal. I have never even contemplated wearing bib pants before and was blown away by how much I loved them!
This is a another collaboration between DC Shoes and those magical park makers SPT. As you would expect from this line, the the DC Platoon SPT bib snow pant is tough and durable, with a freestyle orientated styling.
These DC bib pants not only look good, but are very practical for snowboarding in powder as they will keep you dry. They are also extremely comfortable. I found that the bib pants gave me more flexible movement while riding than with normal snow pants.
Another thing I loved about the DC Platoon SPT bib snow pants is the amount of pockets you get. Very useful and in strategically placed positions.
Retailing at £240, the DC Platoon SPT bib snow pants are good value for money and should last years. They can be purchased directly from the DC Shoes website.
Once you start wearing snow bib pants there is no going back!
The nuts and bolts
- Waterproofing: 45K DC WEATHER DEFENSE Sympatex® Performance® technology
- Fabric: polyester Oxford weave [body]
- Waxed polyester Oxford weave [panels]
- Fit: regular
- Lining: printed taffeta lining
- Brushed tricot panels
- Features: removable bib
- Stretch side gusset
- Articulated legs
- Reflective strip
- Seams: fully taped seams
- Attachment system: elastic suspenders with adjustable buckles
- Jacket-to-pant attachment system
- Waist/Closure: internal waist adjusters
- Pockets: zip-up hand-warmer and top pockets
- Cargo pockets with hook & loop fastener tape storm flap
- Hook & loop fastener tape back pockets
- Radio pocket with antenna outlet
- Vents: mesh lined leg venting
- Hem/Gaiter: DWR coated boot gaiter with stretch panel
- Boot gusset with zipped closure
- Hem lift-up system
Good for: Skiing and Snowboarding
Rating: 10 out of 10
Mark is also the manager of Jamie Barrow (Britain’s fastest snowboarder)
Latest posts by Mark Barber (see all)
- Chatham Maguire II Walking Boots Review – 15 March, 2018
- Forcefield Slam 1 Shorts Review – Snowboard Protection Shorts – 14 March, 2018
- DC Peary Winter Boots Review – 11 March, 2018
- Helly Hansen Balder Glove Review – 9 March, 2018