10 Peaks make high quality, sturdy and tough gloves that look good and have a unique design addition – they open up in the middle with a zipper that allows your hands to be free and open.
This function means you can use your hands normally without taking the gloves off, allowing a variety of tasks to be performed such as using a phone, putting on skins when touring, taking photographs, removing items from pockets – you get the idea.
Apart from the additional functionality, it was important for me when testing to ensure the glove itself stands up to the usual quality standards.
Is it warm?
Yes it is. This is a winter glove and I’ve used it in temperatures of 15 degrees C without my hands feeling cold at all. It would be too warm for spring conditions in my opinion.
Is it waterproof?
Yes. Despite the zip that runs along the top half of the glove, neither snow or rain (I skied in rain at the end of this season) leaked through. They were a little damp inside at the end of the day, probably due more to sweating in warm temperatures than anything else.
How’s the grip?
I like a good grip and normally prefer a slightly thinner leather glove than a thick insulated one! The 10 Peaks gloves grip well on the palm due to the overlay fabric, although at first they were a little stiff they soon bedded in and became more flexible – I’d give them 7/10 for grip.
First and foremost they are a decent, high quality, serious glove for serious skier. Secondly they have the added function of the zip that would suit a photographer especially. They came in very handy on ski tours when taking a glove off can lead to all sorts of issues, but beware they are too warm for spring.
- Gender: Men
- Good for: Winter off-piste skiing and touring.
- Price: £105.00
- 10 peaks product page: http://www.10peaksgloves.co.uk/mount-little-long-cuff-glove.html
Latest posts by Robert Stewart (see all)
- Ideal Christmas Gifts For Skiers And Snowboarders For This Season – 15 November, 2021
- Is this The Ultimate 2021-22 Alpine Road Trip Adventure? – 13 January, 2021
- What We Found In Our Christmas Stocking For The 2020-21 Winter Season – 22 December, 2020
- Warren Miller’s ‘Future Retro’ Launches In The UK With New Virtual Platform – 30 October, 2020